11 Reasons Why Are Bluetooth Speakers So Expensive
For the audio enthusiast who is looking for portable speakers with the best sound quality that sounds good at an affordable price, Bluetooth speakers may be the answer. This innovation offers quality speakers with the convenience of portability, and convenience packed into one high-end speaker system.
But why do they break the bank?
In this article, we'll take an in-depth look at their
What makes them costly
And as always, much more—let's dive right into it.
11 Reasons why are Bluetooth speakers so expensive
1. Superior audio quality: audio devices can be super complex but, a portable speaker uses advanced mechanics to deliver crystal-clear audio with minimal distortion for a fraction of the cost compared to high-end speakers.
Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Sound technology is revolutionary in the audio soundscape, designed to provide high-quality Bluetooth audio, where most other Bluetooth speakers falter. Listeners can enjoy higher bitrates, better latency, and 24-bit audiophile-grade sound with support for aptX Adaptive, aptX HD, and LDAC codecs. This makes it especially awesome for large spaces because volume control needn’t ever be compromised. Allowing for improved audio clarity and dynamic range for a more immersive listening experience. Additionally, a wireless speaker with features such as on-device playback and multi-room streaming allows listeners to connect multiple speakers in different rooms with the same source without sacrificing any sound quality.
For example, the Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker is an audio device that offers good sound quality with an impressive frequency range of up to 20kHz and a powerful bass response. This provides a captivating level of sound clarity for any type of music, from classical, rock, ASMR, or action movies.
2. Convenience: With their wireless capabilities, portable Bluetooth speakers are incredibly easy to set up and pair with multiple compatible devices for a fun listening experience.
For example, the JBL Xtreme 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker is water-resistant, so it can be taken to the beach or the pool without stressing about water damage. It’s also a battery-powered beast, with a 20-hour battery life, meaning you can enjoy your music for nearly a whole day without having to recharge the device.
3. Features: Many models come equipped with voice assistants, like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant as well as access to streaming services, and multi-room playback that makes for clear sound enhancing the music experience. You can even hook it up to your smart home devices to always stay connected.
For example, the Sony SRS-XB13 Mini Bluetooth Speaker is compact and lightweight, making it easily portable to take with you on the go. It also has built-in extras like a deep bass that gives even heavy-sounding music a powerful punch and a distinct sound. Additionally, it features a hands-free calling function using Bluetooth headphones that allows you to easily make phone calls without taking your phone out of your pocket.
4. Stylish Design: Audio equipment is typically not slick, in fact; they can be bulky and full of wires so, manufacturers use premium materials and sleek designs to give these devices a more luxurious feel, making them perfect for any living room or office space. Bose speakers are a great example of this.
5. Portability: Thanks to their lightweight construction and rechargeable batteries, users can easily transport portable Bluetooth speakers anywhere without worrying about cords and outlets. JBL speakers and Bose are two speaker brands that stand toe-to-toe in this regard
A great example of a Bluetooth speaker is the Bose SoundLink Revolve+ for its portability and advanced features. The device has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can provide up to 16 hours of playtime. It’s also got voice control, allowing you to access your favorite streaming services or access hands-free calling options with ease. Lastly, its compact design makes it perfect for any environment without taking up too much space.
6. Easy to Set Up: Thanks to the wireless capabilities, Bluetooth speakers are incredibly easy to set up, making them a great option for users who don’t want to spend time or money on complicated and expensive audio setups.
7. High Volume Output: Most Bluetooth speakers can reach high volumes that are perfect for parties or any other large gathering where great sound is needed. Most are equipped with aptx hd codec that helps reduce sound distortion and noise, sometimes even giving the output of two speakers.
The JBL Charge 4 is another Bluetooth speaker that offers high-volume output. It features two full-range drivers and two passive radiators for powerful sound, making it perfect for outdoor parties, where loud music is a must. It also has a long-lasting rechargeable battery that can provide up to 20 hours of playtime, so you can enjoy your music for hours without worrying about it running out of power.
8. Long-lasting Battery Life: Rechargeable batteries mean that users don’t have to worry about continually buying new batteries or having their speakers die on them during a listening session. For example, the Sony XB-Series Wireless Bluetooth Speaker has an impressive battery life of up to 24 hours on a single charge. This means you can listen to your favorite music all day long without ever having to recharge the device.
9. Multiple Uses: Flexibility is essential because usage may vary depending on its function. Not only are they great for listening to music, but it’s worth noting that these speakers can also be used as an alarm clock, internet radio player, hands-free phone speaker, etc., making them incredibly versatile and super functional.
10. Water Resistance: Many Bluetooth speakers are waterproof which makes them perfect for outdoor events such as beach trips, pool parties, camping trips, or any other adventure that calls for good music!
11. Smart Speaker Functionality: Some models enable users to control their music hands-free with voice assistants like Siri or Google Now, as well as a built-in amplifier, giving you full control over your playlist at maximum volume any day of the week!
And then we’ve got the C-type port…
Most newer smart speakers come with a tye-C this charging port. But this feature does add more money to the mix.
Why is USB -C expensive?
USB Type-C (or USB-C) is seen as more expensive than traditional USB cables due to its much higher data transfer rates and features. USB-C cables support up to 10Gbps of data transfer, which is faster than even the latest USB 3.1 standard, making them perfect for transferring large amounts of data quickly. It also offers higher transfer rates and support for multiple protocols such as DisplayPort and Power Delivery. If you looking for a smarter, faster, and more convenient way to connect your devices, this makes it perfect for transferring large amounts of data quickly.
I found Linus Tech Tips explain it really well!
Even charging your device with no need for an adapter or cable converter. If you fumble with your chargers, USB-C is a dream No more searching for the right side of the connector—USB-C is reversible, so stick it in whichever way and it won’t affect a thing!
Overall, given all the features mentioned above along with its portability and affordability compared to home theater systems and other audio devices, it’s no wonder why Bluetooth speakers are becoming increasingly popular among consumers who want high-quality sound without it costing an arm and a leg!
Now, for those looking to experience breathtaking sound quality, the most luxurious Bluetooth speaker on the market is hands-down worth its hefty price tag.
So, what is the most expensive Bluetooth speaker?
The Phantom I 108 dB Opéra de Paris is the most luxurious Bluetooth speaker on the market due to its exceptional sound quality, high-end design, and revolutionary technology. It’s probably the only Bluetooth speaker that can produce sounds up to 108 dB with absolute clarity and depth, making it a must-have for audiophiles.
Well, there you have it.
While the best portable Bluetooth speaker can cost a little more money than your average audio device, it’s safe to say the features they come with truly stand out.
FAQ : Why Bluetooth Speakers are Expensive
Why is JBL overpriced?
JBL is considered to be overpriced because its speakers use quality materials and moreover, it’s built a long-lasting reputation for itself as reliable since its establishment in the mid ’40’s. JBL uses advanced mechanics such as acoustic noise cancellation and proprietary sound enhancement algorithms, which drive up the price.
Does Bluetooth ruin sound quality?
No, Bluetooth does not have a negative effect on sound quality. In fact, with speakers like Bose and JBL, given the latest advancements in Bluetooth technology, audio streaming via Bluetooth can provide lossless, high-res audio—even over WiFi. Additionally, many modern JBL speakers feature aptX technology makes for crystal clear sounds even over far distances.
Do more expensive speakers sound better?
Generally speaking, yes, more expensive speakers tend to sound better. The use of higher-quality materials and components leads to less noise, better sound production, and less distortion. For example, JBL’s high-end studio monitors use titanium-laminate drivers that produce a balanced sound with accurate frequency response. And, their professional series speakers feature an advanced neodymium transducer design that produces an extended low-frequency response while still providing impeccable mids and highs.
Now It’s Your Turn!
We always want to hear from you. Do you use portable speakers?
Which ones are your favorite, JBL speakers or Bose?
Or are you just starting to investigate what a wireless speaker has to offer? Let us know in the comments below!
Fitbit Charge 4 Keeps Losing Bluetooth Connection(13 NEW Facts)
How to check RAM type DDR3 or DDR4 in Windows 10
3 Ways To Track Lost Phone Using IMEI
Food Fantasy: Yay or nay? … Here’s what you need to know!
3 Ultimate Ways For Google Search Location Change That Will Blow Your Mind-2021: Here's The Best Way We Discovered
Exploring the Basics of Game Mechanics Like Never Before
Using Soundbar With PC is Easy
Unlocking the World of Video Game Genres: An Essential Guide